PeintureSigned lower left: Soulages 14-3-61 Dated on the back: 14-3-61 Oil on canvas 100 x 100 cm. (39½ x 39½ in.) Painted in 1961
- Kootz Gallery, New York.
- and Mrs. Richard Rodgers, New York (acquired in 1961).
- Museum of Modern Art, New York (gifted from the above)
- Harriet Griffin Gallery, New York (acquired in 1979).
- Denise Cadé Gallery Ltd., New York.
- Private collection (acquired from the above circa 1996)
- Sale, Christie’s London, 25 June 2013, lot 33
- Private collection
- New York, Kootz Gallery, Soulages, 1961.
- Cambridge, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, The New Gallery, Charles Hayden Memorial Library, Pierre Soulages, 1962.
- New York, Denise Cadé Gallery, European Artists of the 1950s, 1996
- Daix and J. Johnson Sweeney (eds.), Pierre Soulages: L’Oeuvre 1947-1990, Neuchâtel 1991, p. 100, illustrated in colour.
- Encrevé, Soulages. L’œuvre complet. Peintures, Paris 1995, Vol. II 1959-1978, n° 447 p. 95, illustrated in colour.