Les Amoureux aux Coquelicots or Deux Bouquets à High FallsSigned lower right Marc Chagall On the reverse: signed, located and dated: Marc 1948 Chagall Vence 1952, annotated in Russian: петух, бабочки, цветы, мак, хром, жëлтый, крас., роз., ли. (trans.: rooster, butterfly, flowers, poppy, chrome, yellow, red, pink, purple) Oil on canvas 99 x 73 cm (39 x 29 in.) Painted between 1948 and 1952.
- & Mrs. Frederic Mann, Philadelphia, PA
- Jacques Lindon, New York
- Knoedler & Co., New York
- Private collection US (Acquired from the above in 1965)
- Sotheby’s New York (Private treaty sale, May 2000)
- Private collection, USA (From the above)
- Philadelphia, Philadelphia Museum of Art, Philadelphia Collects 20th century, October 3 – November 17, 1963; catalogue, p. 10.
- François Lévy-Kuentz, Chagall, à la Russie aux ânes et aux autres, Paris, Doriane films, 2003, ill.
With a certificate from the Marc Chagall Comitée n° 2013067 signed by Jean-Louis Prat and dated June 5, 2018.